Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Happy New Academic Year!


Thank you all who attended Convocation on Thursday, August 22nd. If you were unable to attend, the President’s speech is posted online: http://www.csusm.edu/president/speech/2013/2013Convocation.pdf.
It was wonderful to see you all there as we kick off the new academic year. I hope you will have an opportunity to walk around campus during the first week of classes and take part in the excitement of our students returning for the new school year.
I anticipate another busy and exciting year ahead, and with the start of the new academic year and in the spirit of coming together, we will resume VP’s Coffee Hours. As the President mentioned in her Convocation speech,  we accomplish so much together and I would like to continue the coffee hours to share my perspectives with you and to hear how things are going in your areas and across campus.
I hope you will join me for some great coffee and conversation. As always, I’ll provide you with your favorite Starbucks beverage, and you are welcome to ask me whatever questions are on your mind. I encourage you to attend to hear about what’s happening around campus, ask questions, and share any ideas or thoughts you may have with me and your colleagues.

Coffee Hours will be scheduled monthly and you are welcome to sign up for as many sessions as you choose. Repeat visits are okay by me! The coffee hour meetings are open to all FAS employees who would like to attend; both managers and staff members are welcome!
The first coffee hour will be held in September, so watch your inboxes for an email from me.

No comments: